You will need:
- ½ cup (60 ml) cup of Wild rice, raw
- 1 cup (60 ml) of water
- 5 medium Red onion slices Raw
- 1/3 medium Carrot raw
- 1/3 Capsicum Red Raw
- 100-gm, Roast Deli Lamb or Lamb Roast from the night before.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp – Thai Chilli Sauce 1 serving (see the recipe in “Sweet & Savoury Condiments”)
- Take Rice, wash it and put it into the pot.
- For 1/2 measuring cup of rice you need 1 measuring cup of water
- Put the pot onto the stove cover it with the lid and on a slow heat bring it to the boil.
- Reduce heat even more to almost nothing and let it steam until all water evaporated
- Turn the stove off and let it rest for 30 minutes under the lid.
- Mix rice thoroughly
*** If you have a rice cooker, just cook it on the regime of “brown rice” or if you don’t have “Brown rice” mode, add a little bit more water into the cooker 1 cup of water for 1/2 cup of Black rice and cook it on “White rice” regime.
- Cut carrot into long thin strips or if you have stripe slicer for vegetables use that choosing medium size slicing insert.
- Half red onion and slice it into a half circles, then separate half rings one from another
- Cut one third of a capsicum and slice it into thin strips
- Cut lamb into small cubes
- Heat up the pan with some olive oil
- Add diced onions, carrots and capsicum an fry until half cooked
- Add chopped lamb and “Thai Chilli Sauce” and mix well
- Take it of the heat and leave it aside.
- In the bowl combine Wild rice and Stir-Fry
- Mix well
Enjoy your Lunch