You Will Need:
• 8 large eggs
• 1 tbsp of Olive oil
• 1 tsp of Himalayan Salt
• 3 tbsp of vinegar
• 8 Egg rings (no worries if you don’t have any)
• 8 slices of Smoked Salmon
• 8 Wholemeal/wholegrain English Muffin Splits
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 tbsp. of cold water
• 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar of lemon juice
• 1 tsp of English Mustard
• 65 g of butter
• 1 tsp of truffle butter
• 0.5 tsp of 9 Spice or pinch of black pepper
Roman Grilled Vegetables:
• 300 g of colourful cherry tomatoes
• 2 red capsicums
• 2 chillies (if you like spicy, if not leave it out)
• 8 garlic cloves
• 1 red onion medium size
• 1 white onion medium size
• 1 handful of Fresh Rocket
• Drizzle of infused olive oil
• 2 tsp 9 Spice
• 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Put on the deep pan with water on the stove
- Add tsp of Himalayan salt, 3 tbsp of white vinegar and drizzle of olive oil and stir it
- Turn the hit on so water keeps hitting. **Start preparing your grilled veggies
- Make sure you reduce the hit as soon as you see the steam, do not allow it to boil, just keep it steady hot.
- Break each egg and Put each egg into a small cup or rosette
- If you have egg circles, tip each egg into each circle slowly, from a low hight
- If you don’t have egg rings, take a soft spatula and mix the water in the pan so it forms a loop, with another hand sink an egg from the cup into the loop, with two spatulas form egg white into the circle.
- Do the same thing with every egg until all in. Please note, the water has to be very hot but not simmering or boiling, or white with spread everywhere
- Constantly touch your eggs with the finger, to make sure they still soft not too firm, or it won’t’ be semi runny inside.
- As soon as eggs ready, take them out one by one into the flat platter covered with 5 sheets of paper towel.
Roman Grilled Vegetables:
- Wash the vegetable, half all the cherry tomatoes,
- Slice the capsicums lengthwise so it looks like 1 cm stripes
- Cut your chillies into 4 quarters lengthwise
- Half each garlic clove
- Cut onions into the quarter, then half it horizontally
- Add 9 spice and salt and drizzle with olive oil
- Put it into the oven under the ‘grill mode’ at 220° C for the first 10minutes
- **while veggies are in the oven, move onto hollandaise sauce
- Take the pan out, mix it well add some more olive oil if needed, put it back into the oven for another 7-10 minutes, butch it.
- Take the pan out one more time, if veggies look soft and covered in thick veggie juice and golden, add some rocket to it toss it in the pan, mix it with the tongs spreading the rocket amongst the veggies, leave it to rest.
- While your water for Poached eggs is hitting up and vegetables are slowly grilling, start making the sauce
- Boil 2 cups of water in the pot
- Put butter and truffle butter into the small pot for melting
- In the stainless steel bowl combine 3 egg yolks, 1 tsp of mustard, 1.5 tbsp of cold water, 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of 9 spice or black pepper, 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (after trying bote we did stick with apple cider vinegar )
- Whisk it vigorously until swollen in size
- Put the bowl over the boiling pot of water and keep whisking until thickened and warmer than warm but cooler than hot.
- The trick is you do not keep the bowl on the boiling pot all the time, you are 1 minute on, one minute of and so on until thickened. The thickness should be like yoghurt.
- Toast the wholegrain English muffin splits or two small pieces of bread
- On the plate lay down toasties following by poached eggs, salmon topping it off with hollandaise sauce. Complete it with a spoon of grilled veggies on the side or how you like it.
Serve and enjoy your meal