You Will Need:
- 250 g of San
- Remo Whole meal lasagne sheets
- Cherry Tomatoes 400 gm
- 2 big red capsicums
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 chilli ( if you like spicy, if not, either add 1 small chilli for its properties or leave it completely out)
- 2 big white onions
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp of 9 spice
- 1.5 tbsp of Himalayan salt (adjust amount if you need it)
- 1 tube of sugarfree tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of paprika powder
- 800 gm of pure Turkey mince, or any mince if you prefer ( it will be more calories if you choose beef mince)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of porcini powder
- 4 steams of fresh Basil
- 2 tsp of dried flakes of onion
- 2 tsp of dried flakes of garlic
- 2.5 cups of Milk
- 2.5 tbsp of whole meal flour
- 30 g of butter
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of truffle butter
- 130 gm of Gouda cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 tsp of Himalayan salt
- Pinch of nutmeg or allspice powder
- Pinch of 9 spice (see the recipe in condiments section)
- 1 pack of Mescalin lettuce or rocket lettuce
- 1 pear
- 1 Orange
- Hand full of Almonds or Walnuts if you prefer
- 2 tbsp of Balsamic
- Half of medium size of red onion
- 2 drizzles of Chilli Infused Olive oil
- 2 drizzles of Balsamic
- 1 Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1 Pinch of 9 spice
- 3 steams of balsamic chopped
- 40 gm of Parmesan
- Chop up Garlic and chillies
- Chop up the capsicums
- Half onions then slice each half -thinly
- Quarter big cherry tomatoes and half smaller once
- Turn on the grill oven to the full heat
- Turn on the other oven to the bake mode to 180 C, note, if you only have one oven heat up that oven on the grill mode full heat, then switch it to the bake mode 200°C when you finish with preparation of Red Sauce.
- Heat up the olive oil in the non-stick pan and put in the chopped chillies and garlic, add 1 tblsp of 9 spice and a bit bigger than half tbsp of Himalayan salt, stir it all together and let it obtain more golden colour ( please note, you salt it to your preference if you wish)
- Add sliced onions, mix well and leave it on the slow heat
- Meanwhile onions are cooking heat up a smaller pan with olive oil, once heated add tomatoes into the pan followed by 2 tsp of dried onions and garlic flakes, 1 tblsp of Himalayan salt and 1 tblsp of 9 spice, mix well and leave it on the medium heat occasionally stirring. When softened slightly and released the juice add chopped capsicums and tomato paste in and mix well and leave it on the stove until capsicums softened then put the pan into the oven under the grill for 5 minutes or until softened and released more juice.
- Keep mixing Onions occasionally until it softened than gradually add mince constantly stirring. Check on your Tomato/Capsicum mixture and take it out of the oven.
- Once mince half cooked pour in tomatoes and capsicums sauce and mix well.
- Add porcini powder and paprika powder and 1 cup of water and mix thoroughly.
- Bring it to the boil then put this pan into the oven under the grill for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened and grilled. Check on it constantly taking it out and stirring.
- Grate the cheese and put it aside
- Heat up the pot with some olive oil and 30 g of butter on medium heat
- Stir wholemeal flour into it, Himalayan salt, pinch of nutmeg or allspice and 9 spice and keep stirring for 2 minutes or until slightly golden
- Slowly little by little stir in some milk constantly whisking so it doesn’t lump up.
- Once all the milk is in keep stirring it until mass is thickened, then slowly introduce grated cheese and mix it to combine it all properly until it’s smooth constantly stirring
- Take it of the heat when the sauce simmers but just before it stars boiling
- Put mixture a side
***Please refer to the ‘step by step’ photos available below the recipe to help you to achieve great outcome of each stage of your meal prep so you don’t have to guess.
Assembling the Lasagne
- Take a non-stick roasting pan or dish for baking, I personally use the roasting pan as it cooks beautifully by allowing sauces penetrate through the past without drying the pasta sheets
- Take two ladles and put one into the mince sauce and another one into the white sauce
- Into the roasting pan first put 2 ladles of mince sauce then 1 a ladle of white sauce distributing it evenly over mince sauce
- Take the spatula and spread it lightly to even it up then place two sheet of lasagne upon the sauce side by side so the sheets touch and press it down gently (Please see the photos)
- Take one ladle of mince sauce put it over one sheet and then fill the ladle again and place over second sheet of lasagne. Likewise, take one ladle of white sauce and empty one half upon one sheet then other half over the second sheet of lasagne
- Repeat step 5 four more times until all 8 sheets are used
- When you come to the last layer of Lasagne, cover generously evenly distributing the rest of mince sauce the follow with the rest of white sauce, even if it looks too much to put on, believe me, just plop it on to the last drop.
- Put roasting dish into the oven, set the timer to 35 -40 minutes, depending on the oven, please refer to the photo.
- Take it out of the oven, cover with the foil or the roasting pan’s lid and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take lettuce and place them into the wide but shallow salad dish
- Cut pear in half then quarters then remove the core
- Slice the pear length wise and arrange it starting around the edge then arrange it through the middle placing slices circle wise
- Peel the orange, cut it in half then slice it aligned to the core lines, then arrange every slice of orange between every slice of pear
- Cut red onion in half slice one half very thinly, separate the layers the sprinkle it evenly upon whole entire salad
- Take a carrot peeler and shave Parmigiana all over the salad evenly distributing as you go.
- Chop the almonds or walnuts and sprinkle it all over the top of the salad
- Follow with chopped up basil
- Sprinkle some Himalayan salt and pinch of 9 spice
- Generously drizzle with Chilli infused olive oil and Balsamic vinegar
Serve and enjoy your dinner