You will need:
- Crepes Frying
- Paper Towel
- Choice of a Blender, Mixer or Food Processor
- Baking Brush
For Wholemeal Blini:
- 250 ml- Organic Non-Homogenised Whole Milk
- 250 ml- Water bottled generic
- 1 tbsp- Olive oils extra virgin organic by Spectrum
- 2 eggs- organic large (size 7) eggs
- 130 gm- Organic Wholemeal flour
- 130 gm- Fine Italian “00” flour or High-Grade White Flour or you can stick with wholemeal flour only.
- 1 tsp (no hip)- Baking soda
- 0.5 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 gm- Organic Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp- Healthy Sweetener erythritol & stevia blend Natvia blend or other brands
For Blinni’s Filling:
- 1 head, medium Cabbage
- 1 big Carrot
- 7 cloves of Fresh Raw Garlic
- 2 Medium, Red Onions
- 1 small chilli
- 1 container (140 gm) Tomato Paste
- 1 container (500 gm) Premium Beef Mince
- 1 big Capsicum, Red
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp “Eight Spice Sprinkle”
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil
For Wholemeal Blini:
- Put together into the 1 litter blender or food processor milk, water, flour, olive oil, 2 eggs and blend it for 2 minutes or until the smooth texture achieved
- In the cup mix baking soda and vinegar, wait for the chemical reaction to pass then add it to the mixture and blend for another minute or so.
- Let mixture to rest for 15 minutes
- Hit the crepes non-stick pan till you can see a slight smock rising.
- Prepare a small bowl with some olive oil in it.
- Dip a paper towel into the olive oil, squeeze an access back into the bowl so there is no dripping.
- Wipe the pan with it oily paper towel before every crepe goes into it.
- Lift the pan with one hand while with another hand filling the ladle with the mixture. Pour the mixture into the pan meanwhile rotating pan clockwise so mixture is evenly distributed on the bottom of the pan.
- When edges of the crepe slightly golden flip it over by lifting the edge of the crepe with a thin spatula then pick it up with your fingers and turn to the other side.
- In about 10-15 seconds remove crepe from the pan to the flat platter.
- Cover crepe with melted butter using plain or silicone brush for baking
- Repeat the routine (steps from 7 to till all mixture is fully used
- Chop up the cabbage so it’s nice and thinPeel and Chop up red onion, half it and slice it nice and thin.
- Grate the carrot
- Peel and chop garlic nice and small
- Chop up the Chilli
- In the big pan heat up the olive oil
- Put into the pan garlic and chilli and mix well, wait till slightly golden
- Follow with sliced onions, mix well and let it soften turning it occasionally
- Follow with grated carrots, mix well.
- Add the mince into the pan gradually separating bit by bit with your fingers
- Season mixture with salt, “Eight Spice” and mix well.
- When you see mice is half cooked add tomato paste constantly steering.
- Add chopped cabbage partially turning it well with each portion and keep adding it until all in.
- Mix well and turn it occasionally until cabbage is soft and cooked.
- Turn the mixture off and let it cool naturally
Before you start rolling “Blinni Wraps”, heat up the oven to 220°C on Bake and Line up the baking tray with some baking paper so it’s completely covering the bottom of the tray.
- Take pile of “Blinni” you just made
- Take cooled Cabbage & Mince filling and start rolling wraps
- On the top of the top 1st Crepe put 2 tbsp of the filling right into the centre of the circle
- Flip first edge side of the crepe that facing you over the filling so the edge of the crepe just covered the filling
- Follow with flipping over left edge side of the crepe then flip right edge side of the crepe so it looks like an open envelop
- Roll the wrap forward to close the envelop and put it onto the flat baking tray covered with baking paper envelop edges facing bottom of the tray.
- Repeat steps from 1 to 6 until all blini made into the wraps
- Put baking tray with Blini wraps into the oven and bake for 7 minutes or until golden
- Take it out of the oven and Serve.
- You can serve it with a Side Salad or Simply with some Greek Yogurt
Enjoy your Dinner
Bon Appetit 😊